Monday, November 06, 2006

Dear Election Fairy,

I have been a good Democrat all year (and last year, too!) I know that in 2004 I set my sights just a little too high -- but could you blame me? After we came so close in 2000, only to have the Florida's Katherine Harris and the Supreme Court dash our dreams. But anyway... I know that was in the past. This year, my wish list is more realistic. Please see what you can do to deliver on these modest requests, and I'll save any big ones for 2008.

First, I'd like to see the Democrats pick up enough seats to take control of the House of Representatives. I know that 16 is the "magic" number, but do you think you could manage maybe 30 seats? Okay, anything over 16 is just great. (And if you could do you think you manage a change in NM-01? Let challenger Patricia Madrid defeat Heather Wilson? I know it's a special request, but it would mean a lot to me.)

Second, I'd like the Democrats to win 6 or 7 new Senate seats. That way we could control the Senate too. And if I could ask for some specific winners -- folks who could use your special help -- could you work on Harold Ford in Tennessee, Claire McCaskill in Missouri, Jim Webb in Virginia? Could you send Conrad Burns packing?

And if it's not too much to ask, can we get a majority of governorships in the hands of Democrats?

And one last thing, before I forget... and this is a little tricky: do you think you could just check and make sure that folks who vote electronically have their votes accurately recorded and counted? I know you don't really handle the technical side of things, but if you could just make sure there's no hanky-panky, three-card Monte, Loosey Goosey, Hickory Dickory Dock, Rub-a-Dub-Dub, then I'll keep the huffin' and puffin' and blow their house down to a minimum.

Thank you, Election Fairy. I'll be leaving a delicious assortment of treats out for you. And if you don't mind, I'll stay up until the returns are in.

See you tomorrow night!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites Digg!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online BlogBurst.com Add to My AOL

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The Rational Inquirer