Sunday, October 29, 2006

Defeat Heather Wilson (R-New Mexico)

The Heather Wilson versus Patricia Madrid smackdown has been one of the nastiest campaigns I've ever seen. Perhaps not the absolute nastiest, but it is comfortably in my Top Ten. It will probably take most of us awhile to recover from this one. But as I prepare to cast my paper ballot, I'll let you know that Heather Wilson will not get my vote.

If her dismal record in Congress weren't enough to make me finally scream "Uncle!" the constant negativity of her campaign would. But I'm rejecting her based on her record. You can count on Heather Wilson to parrot the Bush Administration's talking points to the letter. I find no independent thinking or leadership in her record. For someone who is a military vet as she so constantly reminds us, her eagerness to "stay the course" is disturbing.

Any time voters decide to unseat an incumbent, we find ourselves second-guessing that decision. Patricia Madrid may turn out to be no better a choice to send to Washington. And her debate skills may need to be honed. But I'm willing to give her a chance. She is a new voice, a different voice that may be heard above the partisan din in DC. And as an opponent of the Iraq War, Madrid is willing to say what Wilson won't: the time has come to get out of Baghdad.

This year Patricia Madrid is the correct choice for U.S. Representative. First District, New Mexico.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites Digg!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online BlogBurst.com Add to My AOL

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

The Rational Inquirer